Re: Release of threads::shared and threads::queue.

From:
H . Merijn Brand
Date:
Re: Release of threads::shared and threads::queue.
Message ID:
20010727141332.5CC6.H.M.BRAND@hccnet.nl
On Fri 27 Jul 2001 14:07, Arthur Bergman <arthur@contiller.se> wrote:

EKEYBOARD

> Now working versions of
>
> threads
> threads::shared
> threads::queue
>
> are on CPAN.
>
> shared is implmented using magic for scalars and tie for arrays and hashes,

s/plm/plem/

> the interface if thru a share() function which takes a ref and returns a
> ref. the scalars are pretty fast. References to arrays and hashes work, REFs
> and scalar refs are "untested". Refcnting across interpreters should work,

s/Refcnt/Refcount/

> but can contain leaks.
>
> I believe most things that are needed to actually do anything in ithreads in
> perl is now avaiable.
>
> If you want to experiment I suggest perl 5.7.2 or even better, latest
> snapshot.
>
> The following Configure option is going to build perl for what you need.
>
>  -Dusethreads -DMULITPLICITY

s/MULIT/MULTI/

Heh, wait, does p5p want me to change the test suite to call all -Dusethreads
configurations *with* -DMULTIPLICITY?

> If you don't run on win32 or digital unix clibs, please try
>
>  -Dusreentrant

s/Dusr/Duser/

> This makes some of perl functions use reentrant clibs, this is only tested
> on glibc but it would be great if more people could test it!

I'm only following up for the test-suite question, but maybe someone would
have pasted the wrong config flags.

--
H.Merijn Brand    Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://www.amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.7.1 & 628 on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, AIX 4.2, AIX 4.3,