perlcc problem / v5.6.1 / w2k

From:
Murray Walker
Date:
July 19, 2001 01:55
Subject:
perlcc problem / v5.6.1 / w2k
Message ID:
018BDF1BE612D411B9AF009027D30C86F2734E@UK-SPAM
Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to send this - having searched the web,
perldoc.com, the man pages and supplied documentation about perlcc I
contacted the latest maintainer, Edward Peschko, who in turn suggested I
forward this to you. He suggested my problem might be more to with B.pm that
perlcc itself.

Basically, i can't get the thing to work in any shape or form! i downloaded
the latest version (perl v5.6.1) from activestate, and am running on a W2K
Pro platform. Both the libs and includes are coming from the Microsoft.Net
Visual Studio install.

Even a simple hello world program (see below) fails.

simple.pl
	#! C:/perl/bin/perl.exe
	print( "Hello World" );
with:
	perlcc -I ./include -L ./libs simple.pl
 	( where ./libs contains user32.lib, etc ).
produces:
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'user32.lib'
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'gdi32.lib'
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'winspool.lib'
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'comdlg32.lib'
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'advapi32.lib'
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'shell32.lib'
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'ole32.lib'
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'oleaut32.lib'
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'netapi32.lib'
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'uuid.lib'
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'wsock32.lib'
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'mpr.lib'
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'winmm.lib'
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'version.lib'
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'odbc32.lib'
	Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'odbccp32.lib'
	cl : Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option
'-nodefaultlib'
	cl : Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '-release'
	cl : Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option
'-libpath:C:\Perl\lib	\CORE'
	cl : Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option
'-machine:x86'
	pccipeek.c
which then:
	produces an exe, that when run, produces an application error as the
memory could not be read.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you with this - in
the meantime, i'm going hunting for perl2exe.

Ta & thanks for all the hard work :)

Murray.