Re: Adding a 'make diff' command to MakeMaker

From:
barries
Date:
Re: Adding a 'make diff' command to MakeMaker
Message ID:
20010718220857.E6501@jester.slaysys.com
On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 09:22:56PM -0400, Rich Lafferty wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 05:52:53PM -0500, Ken Williams (ken@forum.swarthmore.edu) wrote:
> >
> > The idea I had was to just use 'diff' without a full pathname (i.e. let
> > the shell search $PATH), and to let the user add switches by doing
> > 'make diff -u' or whatever.  If I can't get the switches to work that
> > way (not sure whether 'make' allows it), I'll either skip switches or use
> > an environment variable.
>
> There's a pure-Perl diff by Mark-Jason Dominus

I'm in need of that repackaged as a module for VCP, since VCP now
depends on diff for some operations.  If anyone repackages it to have
the preferred -u output format in a module, please let me know. I'll get
to it eventually and let you know, otherwise (not sure when, sometime
this summer, I think).

Thanks,

Barrie