lib/Unicode vs /lib/unicode on Win32

From:
Nick Ing-Simmons
Date:
July 12, 2001 08:10
Subject:
lib/Unicode vs /lib/unicode on Win32
Message ID:
20010712151033.659.12@bactrian.ni-s.u-net.com

The latest snaglet on Win2k machine has flagged a problem
with win32\distclean.bat

I use that to remove stuff which isn't in the MANIFEST file.
The problem is that on Win32 one can only have lib/Unicode OR lib/unicode
so perforce puts all the files in one directory.
Then when distclean.bat looks there whichever name gets returned gets
matched against MANIFEST and all the files intended for the other get
deleted. On my NT machine this regularly deletes UCD.pm and UCD.t,
but win2k Machine called directory unicode so all the tables went instead :-(

I guess I must fix distclean.bat, but it would also be worthwhile deciding
if Unicode/* vs unicode/* is a necessary distinction.

i.e. could we live with

unicode::UCD ?

--
Nick Ing-Simmons