Re: [patch] pthread_atfork bandaid

From:
Doug MacEachern
Date:
Re: [patch] pthread_atfork bandaid
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.21.0107112232250.28844-100000@mako.covalent.net
On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:

> I had to patch as follows before I even got a compile.
> After this it builds and tests 100% for me under ithreads?

i don't see how the bandaid patch would cause that, all it did was
un-staticize the atfork handlers and move the call to perlmain.c
can you run 'make perl.i' and see if THX is really needed in the atfork
functions?  if it is, i don't see how this patch will work since the
pthread_atfork() handlers will not get passed any args.  i think they
would need to keep the (void) prototype and call dTHX; instead.