4294967296 .. 4294967299 problem again

From:
Vadim Konovalov
Date:
July 10, 2001 14:17
Subject:
4294967296 .. 4294967299 problem again
Message ID:
00ab01c109e1$fc5e3ad0$dde418d5@vad
> > >   I discovered the strtoul() bug and Nick jumped on it and had a
> > >   patch to me within 24 hours. As it happens, I discovered the
>
> because it wasn't that big, and I'd been thinking about it for a few
> weeks, so as all the preparation was in place it wasn't exactly difficult.
>
> > >   next day that this bug is fixed in version 6.1.0.
> >
> > I discovered strtoul() bug in Borland CRT and decided to report it to
> > Borland.
> > I afraid that fix should be more generic, at least it should include all
> > Borland compilers. (5.6.x did not had this problem because test suite
did
> > not tested this).
> >
> > Nick, could you please extend your effort into Borland(win32)?
> > If not, please guide me correct way, and I'll try to fix this myself.
>
> I think that Nick meant me, rather than Nick I-S.

Oops, sorry for confusion!

> I remember the Borland CRT bug (and IIRC it was failing to set errno for
> 4294967296 .. 4294967299).

Yes, I remember that discussion
I just thought it calmed down, but it appeared that problem was considered
to be resolved.

> The patch I supplied and Jarkko committed was in toke.c, not just for
> QNX (was it?) so should solve Borland problems for bleadperl.

It does not solved the problem, probably because problem is deeper in
Borland case:

(for perl@11148)
Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
op/arith.t               109    4   3.67%  17-18 24 54
 (3 subtests UNEXPECTEDLY SUCCEEDED), 38 tests and 177 subtests skipped.
Failed 1/422 test scripts, 99.76% okay. 4/23037 subtests failed, 99.98%
okay.

> So I'm a bit confused - what still needs doing?

Ok, many things are clearier now, I'll trace that problem again, will tell
you what is currently wrong and will try to fix it.

Best wishes,
Vadim.