Re: This week on perl5-porters (10 June--17 June 2001)

From:
Norton Allen
Date:
Re: This week on perl5-porters (10 June--17 June 2001)
Message ID:
200107101424.KAA06492@bottesini.harvard.edu
Simon Cozens wrote:
>    grok_number again came in handy on QNX, when Norton Allen found that
>    strtoul wasn't setting errno correctly on overflow. It's sad when we
>    have to start reimplementing people's broken C libraries, but this is
>    the price of portability.

  I agree, but I'd also like to clarify. The version of QNX I am
  working on is the relatively new QNX6 (QNX Neutrino is the OS,
  The QNX Runtime Platform (RTP) is the distribution). QNX4 has
  been supported for years now.

  I discovered the strtoul() bug and Nick jumped on it and had a
  patch to me within 24 hours. As it happens, I discovered the
  next day that this bug is fixed in version 6.1.0.

   -Norton