Re: [@11222] cannot compile -Duseithreads on freebsd-current

From:
Artur Bergman
Date:
Re: [@11222] cannot compile -Duseithreads on freebsd-current
Message ID:
B76F55F4.2096%artur@contiller.se
01-07-09 04.50, skrev Gurusamy Sarathy på gsar@ActiveState.com följande:

> On Sun, 08 Jul 2001 16:07:35 PDT, Richard Soderberg wrote:

>> I guess we could also catch this in ./Configure and disable ithreads until
>> we find a workaround - but that feels icky.
>
> That sounds like going too far.  A quick "fix" that ignores the potential
> deadlock problem would be to just add -DPTHREAD_ATFORK(a,b,c)=NOOP to
> ccflags in your platform hints.
>
> HTH,

Aside from the fact that freebsd realy ought to have a working
pthread_atfork, can't we just make sure the mutexes per process and thus the
two forks would not share mutexes?

On another note, it is possible to implment the current threads scheme by
using fork() and mmap (on unix systems that is), anyone want to try :)

Artur