RE: [@11222] cannot compile -Duseithreads on freebsd-current

From:
Richard Soderberg
Date:
RE: [@11222] cannot compile -Duseithreads on freebsd-current
Message ID:
NAEKLNAAHLMBPMPNBMLEAEGODIAA.rs@crystalflame.net
> On Sun, 08 Jul 2001 16:07:35 PDT, Richard Soderberg wrote:
> >I'm on freebsd-current having problems compiling @11222.
> >
> >Apparently pthread_atfork is in a shared library I can't
> seem to use -
> >/usr/compat/linux/lib/libpthread-0.8.so.
> >
> >And my tuits don't extend to understanding win32thread.h and
> >pthread_atfork today.

Just installed /usr/ports/devel/linuxthreads - it installs a
liblthread.so that supports pthread_atfork.  Yay!

I'm tired and need to take a nap, or I'd dig into hints/freebsd.sh and
make it look for -llthread and ask to use that when available - "Your
pthread library does not have pthread_atfork - however, you have lthread
installed.  Using that instead." or something.

And we still need to add a Configure probe that lets us #define a NOOP
if the system doesn't already have it.

I'm out of time. I'll attack these at my convenience, hopefully quickly
at that.

R.