Re: nntp interface to the perl.org mailinglists

From:
Rich Lafferty
Date:
Re: nntp interface to the perl.org mailinglists
Message ID:
20010708184713.A20769@lafferty.ca
On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 06:07:51AM -0700, Ask Bjoern Hansen (ask@perl.org) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am putting up a nntp interface to the perl.org mailinglists
> (actually, to the ezmlm archives).
>
> I can't quite decide if I should just create all groups as
> perl.listname, or if I should munge it to make a little more system
> where I can. (say, perl6 lists will go as perl.perl6.meta, macperl
> lists as perl.macperl.porters etc).

Inasmuch as list names will never collide, perl.listname seems to
work. I see Google Groups sees "perl.porters-gw" but no others, so it
seems as good a time as any to lay claim to the hierarchy.

> What do you people think?

This is a fabulous idea. I think you should offer feeds (and would
like one). :-) Perhaps keeping soundness rules like Usenet2's would be
appropriate -- enforce a particular Distribution, and disallow
crossposting between perlnet and the rest of Usenet.

  -Rich

--
 Montreal, Quebec, Canada   |  "Do not dangle the mouse by the cord or