[ANNOUNCE] ExtUtils::MakeMaker to CPAN!

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
July 6, 2001 01:30
Subject:
[ANNOUNCE] ExtUtils::MakeMaker to CPAN!
Message ID:
20010706043017.L32727@blackrider
I have completed an initial backporting of MakeMaker and friends out
of bleadperl and back onto CPAN.  This version should work all the way
back to 5.004 (provided you have File::Spec) but hasn't been terribly
well tested.

Hopefully this will encourage more flexiblity in its development and
eventually allow people to upgrade MakeMaker without upgrading perl.

Due to the potentially catastrophic problems that could occur from a
broken MakeMaker being installed, the version number (5.47_01) should
prevent the CPAN shell from downloading it.  Furthermore, the
Makefile.PL will warn loudly and die rather than allow itself to be
installed.  The hapless user must comment the die out of the
Makefile.PL in order to royally blow off their foot.

If its not on CPAN just yet you can get it from
http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/src/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-5.47_01.tar.gz

PS I really, really, really don't need another orphan module to take
care of.  If you're interested in taking over maintenance of
MakeMaker, let me know.  Serious applicants only!

Perl6 Quality Assurance     <perl-qa@perl.org>	     Kwalitee Is Job One
I'm not actually Kevin Lenzo, but I play him on TV.