Re: [rrothenberg@notes.cc.sunysb.edu: longmess and shortmess? (was Re: This Week on perl5-porters)]

From:
Graham Barr
Date:
Re: [rrothenberg@notes.cc.sunysb.edu: longmess and shortmess? (was Re: This Week on perl5-porters)]
Message ID:
20010706081523.J52398@pobox.com
On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 02:57:23AM -0400, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 09:49:19AM -0500, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> > (1) Nothing was changed.
>
> Given that no one has come up with a much better set of names, should
> we just go with yodel/yelp?

I see that as nothing more than change for the sake of change. I have seen
no good reason given why these names are any better than what we
have. And as pointed out, the existing names will have to stay as aliaes
anyway as there is already code using them.

So tell me, what is the benefit of this change ?

Graham.