develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2001

Re: [ID 20010612.001] out of memory during regex compilation

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
June 12, 2001 18:48
Re: [ID 20010612.001] out of memory during regex compilation
Message ID:
20010612204751.B3222@chaos.wustl.edu
On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 07:21:01PM +0100, Mike Guy wrote:
> H.Merijn Brand <h.m.brand@hccnet.nl> wrote
> > On Tue 12 Jun 2001 14:14, Mike Guy <mjtg@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> > > +C<join $", @array>.    "Punctuation" arrays such C<@+> are not
> > > +interpolated.
> >
> > Which IMHO must be considered a bug to be solved, and not to be documented, so
> > we end up being backward incompatible when finaly `fixed'
>
> I don't necessarily disgaree.   I was just documenting what happens.
>
> But I now find that my documentation wasn't complete.   See third
> patch below.   And since there is an easy of interpolating these,
> I don't really see any need for "fixing".
>
> Patch applies over my previous two.

All three applied, thanks.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/