develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2001

Re: [ID 20010612.001] out of memory during regex compilation

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
June 12, 2001 06:36
Re: [ID 20010612.001] out of memory during regex compilation
Message ID:
20010612083545.F3222@chaos.wustl.edu
On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 01:14:15PM +0100, Mike Guy wrote:
> Robin Barker <rmb1@cise.npl.co.uk> wrote
> > You probably want to replace @@ by \@\@,
> > as (I think) @@ will include array @.
>
> No, actually.    "Punctuation" arrays aren't interpolated in doublequotish
> strings.     A fact that doesn't seem to be documented.
>
> In fact, how arrays interpolate isn't documented at all (except
> implicitly in the description of $" in perlvar).
>
> Patch below fixes this and other omissions, and also mends some overlong
> lines.

Thanks, applied.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/