develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2001

Re: Making perl with -Wall

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
May 24, 2001 09:15
Re: Making perl with -Wall
Message ID:
20010524171458.B1974@blackrider.blackstar.co.uk
On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 10:38:16AM -0500, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> I remember looking at the gcc -Wall warnings before; sometimes
> you have to be careful because the code might be something like
>
>     blah(...)
>     {
> 	int foo;
> 	#ifdef USE_BAR
> 	foo = ...;
> 	#endif
>
> and unless you Configured with -Dusebar, the foo will look like unused,
> so one will need to move the declaration, and since this is C, also
> create new blocks to host the declarations.

Let's give it a shot, but if the code to silence the warnings becomes
extremely complicated, it might be worth simply running -Wall
-Wno-unused.

Perl6 Quality Assurance     <perl-qa@perl.org>	     Kwalitee Is Job One
<purl> Hey Schwern! honk, honk, honk, honk, honk, honk, honk, honk,
honk, honk, honk, honk, honk, honk, honk, honk, honk, honk, honk,