develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2001

Re: Making perl with -Wall

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
May 24, 2001 08:38
Re: Making perl with -Wall
Message ID:
20010524103816.T13243@chaos.wustl.edu
The attributes-unused code is now in; would someone take the task of
cleaning up the other warnings before I add -Wall to the default gcc
flags?  I remember looking at the gcc -Wall warnings before; sometimes
you have to be careful because the code might be something like

    blah(...)
    {
	int foo;
	#ifdef USE_BAR
	foo = ...;
	#endif

and unless you Configured with -Dusebar, the foo will look like unused,
so one will need to move the declaration, and since this is C, also
create new blocks to host the declarations.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen