develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2001

Making perl with -Wall

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
May 23, 2001 19:54
Subject:
Making perl with -Wall
Message ID:
20010524035427.A8071@blackrider.blackstar.co.uk
I'm in the middle of trying to get a new 2.4 Linux kernel compiling
(Linux/PPC, what a joy).  Everytime I do this I'm always struck by
how much just explodes (like the NTFS drivers *sigh*) and at the
copious quantities of warnings.

Out of perverse curiousity, I compiled perl with -Wall enabled.
Didn't come out too badly if you ignore the several thousand "warning:
unused variable `Perl___notused'" warnings.  What is that?  Some sort
of no-op.

If we can make that bit quiet, perhaps perl can turn compiler
warnings on.

The make output is attached.

Perl6 Quality Assurance     <perl-qa@perl.org>	     Kwalitee Is Job One
<mendel>	 ScHWeRnsChweRN    sChWErN   SchweRN  SCHWErNSChwERnsCHwERN