develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2001

Getting the name of an SV?

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
April 27, 2001 07:18
Subject:
Getting the name of an SV?
Message ID:
20010427151829.C545@blackrider.blackstar.co.uk
For reference, what I'm trying to do is write up a version of
Perl_report_uninit() that can report the name of the particular
variable which was uninitialized (assuming it was a variable and not a
bare undef).

What I'm trying to figure out is given an SV, how can I figure out its
package (if global) and name?  I can do it if I already have the GV,
but most cases which call report_uninit() only have the SV.  Can I
even know the name of a lexical?

Perl6 Quality Assurance     <perl-qa@perl.org>	     Kwalitee Is Job One
Monkey tennis