develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2001

should maintenance releases be more frequent?

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
April 26, 2001 04:42
Subject:
should maintenance releases be more frequent?
Message ID:
200104261141.MAA16801@gizmo.fdgroup.co.uk
I hope I don't offend anyone with this, but...

shouldnt mainenance branch releases be far more frequent, say every
couple of months or so?
I thought the rationale for the maintenance branch was that it was an
accumulation of bug fixes, so that in effect each micro release
becomes more and more stable?

Or perhaps, like the swan madly paddling below the surface, there's more
to making a minor release than meets the eye ?

Dave.