develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2001

pseud; was Re: Tests for find2perl?

From:
Robin Barker
Date:
April 26, 2001 02:34
Subject:
pseud; was Re: Tests for find2perl?
Message ID:
200104260934.KAA04843@tempest.npl.co.uk

> Somewhat tangentially: the current s2p is in fact a *full* sed clone
> in Perl (by Wolfgang Laun), it just plays along if called as 's2p'.
> Would we want to install it as a utility, and if so, under which name?
> 'sed' would be a little bit too radical, I think... Wolfgang has been
> using 'psed', it seems.

I propose 'pseud' = British slang for something/someone pretending
to be something else (from pseudo-), q.v. pseuds corner in British
satirical magazine Private Eye.

Robin

--
Robin Barker                        | Email: Robin.Barker@npl.co.uk
CMSC, Building 10,                  | Phone: +44 (0) 20 8943 7090