Re: flock() on dup'ed filehandle is not enforced

From:
nick
Date:
March 28, 2001 08:52
Re: flock() on dup'ed filehandle is not enforced
Message ID:
E14iJ6y-0002py-00@roam1
Benjamin Sugars <bsugars@canoe.ca> writes:
>On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Mark-Jason Dominus wrote:
>
>> Perl 5.6 on linux 2.2.16 behaves correctly, but Perl 5.005_03 on
>> Solaris does not.  On Solaris, neither process dies.  I have attached
>> Perl -V output for the perl/solaris combination that fails.
>
>I see the same bug with 5.6.1-TRIAL3/SunOS 5.6.  Here's my perl -V:

Silly question - but do the failing suns have the files in question on NFS
mounts? - if so do the NFS servers have the flock daemon working?

--
Nick Ing-Simmons