Re: pods patched

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
March 18, 2001 06:51
Re: pods patched
Message ID:
20010318145046.C577@blackrider.aocn.com
On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 02:55:23PM -0500, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> And why the movement of POD from after __END__ to front, when it will
> slow-down calculation (see ExtUtils/MM_OS2.pm)?

Inline POD is much, much more likely to be kept up to date than POD
disassociated from the code its documenting.  This is more than worth
any possible few milliseconds of extra load time (I haven't observed
anything beyond the threshhold of benchmarking flutter).

Those extra 20 lines of POD in the code isn't going to make a difference.

Perl6 Quality Assurance     <perl-qa@perl.org>	     Kwalitee Is Job One
Death?	Its like being on holiday with a group of Germans.