Re: pods patched

From:
Michael Stevens
Date:
March 17, 2001 16:30
Re: pods patched
Message ID:
20010318002843.A8434@firedrake.org
On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 02:55:23PM -0500, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> And why the movement of POD from after __END__ to front, when it will
> slow-down calculation (see ExtUtils/MM_OS2.pm)?

In that case, I wanted pod parsers to pick up the documentation
for perl_archive_after. Quick testing with perldoc showed that
this didn't seem to make it into generated man pages. I could
have moved the perl_archive_after stuff to the end of the file, but
I tend to agree with having function docs with the code, so I left
it there and rearranged the rest of the pod. I'm *fairly* sure that
the =item for perl_archive_after wasn't in a list of any kind.
I can't double-check, because I don't have a version of the source
handy that had perl_archive_after in MM_OS2.pm and didn't have my
changes, so my claims about what things were like beforehand may
be wrong.

Michael