Re: my purify runs with 5.6.1-to-be

From:
Gurusamy Sarathy
Date:
March 16, 2001 15:56
Re: my purify runs with 5.6.1-to-be
Message ID:
200103162356.f2GNuM501864@smtp3.ActiveState.com
On Sat, 17 Mar 2001 01:29:28 +0200, Radu Greab wrote:
>Indeed, a lot of tests started to fail with my patch. But your
>original patch with my first suggestion
>
> clear_pmop:
>+	{
>+	    HV *pmstash = PmopSTASH(cPMOPo);
>+	    if (pmstash && SvREFCNT(pmstash)) {

This of course relies on the fact that SVs actually hang around in the
arena after they've been deallocated.  That's true currently, but I'm
not sure we want to lose the design flexibility of being able to change
the arena stuff in future.

>fixes the core dumps on Alpha and Linux, even the last test case found
>by Vadim.

The thing that doesn't make sense is why holding a refcount on the
stash doesn't help (i.e. my second patch) but your patch above does.

On a slightly tangential topic, does my original patch cause coredumps
on those platforms when you enable ithreads?

Sarathy
gsar@ActiveState.com