Re: Distributive -> and indirect slices

From:
merlyn
Date:
March 16, 2001 15:12
Re: Distributive -> and indirect slices
Message ID:
m1ofv1z4tg.fsf@halfdome.holdit.com
>>>>> "David" == David M Lloyd <david@freemm.org> writes:

David> The first thing I'd like to do, is make the -> operator
David> 'distributive' for all cases of it (that I can think of
David> anyways).

The first thing you'd like to do is break the current definition of
the operator which already provides scalar context to its left side,
and has done so since its inception.  (See my current thread
in comp.lang.perl.misc.)

No, I don't think so.

Maybe for Perl6, but only with careful thought.