Re: pods patched

From:
Raphael_Manfredi
Date:
March 16, 2001 13:50
Re: pods patched
Message ID:
98u1qj$2f5$1@lyon.ram.loc
Quoting Ilya Zakharevich <ilya@math.ohio-state.edu> from ml.lang.perl.porters:
:On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 06:30:59PM +0000, Michael G Schwern wrote:
:> > -=over
:> > +=over 4
:>
:> Pod::Checker and most pod2* things will warn about an =over without a
:> number.
:
:These are bugs; *they* should be fixed, and not PODs.  IIRC, Larry's
:intent was to have it *Plain*.  In particular, =over was supposed to
:be "the natural indent of the target system".

I agree with you Ilya.  I've always thought "=over" was enough.
Why are the POD checkers willing to be more demanding than necessary here?

However, I applied the patch to Storable, as well as to all my other modules.

Raphael