Re: my purify runs with 5.6.1-to-be

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
March 16, 2001 11:52
Re: my purify runs with 5.6.1-to-be
Message ID:
20010316135057.I10215@chaos.wustl.edu
> and op/mkdir.  I managed to whittle down a 'minimal' core dumping
> example
>
> 	PERL_DESTRUCT_LEVEL=1 ./perl -Ilib -MCwd -e 1
>
> I still haven't had the time to cut this down, sorry...

Now did.  Well, kind of.  The following will still tickle forth an
identical coredump in Tru64 (compiled with -DDEBUGGING -g)

	package Q;
	use Carp;
	use base 'Exporter';
	1;

as Q.pm with

 	PERL_DESTRUCT_LEVEL=1 ./perl -Ilib -MQ -e 1

Both Carp and base 'Exporter' are needed.  The PERL_DESTRUCT_LEVEL
needs to be set to nonzero.  If the name of the file and the package
name do no match, there's no core dump.

The reduction was only kind of succesful since Carp and base
are still left.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen