Re: my purify runs with 5.6.1-to-be

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
March 16, 2001 11:10
Re: my purify runs with 5.6.1-to-be
Message ID:
20010316130954.H10215@chaos.wustl.edu
On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 09:54:08AM -0800, Gurusamy Sarathy wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:04:52 CST, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> >> I'd suggest the following approach:
> >>
> >>    * find out what platforms it coredumps on
> >
> >I think so far we have my Tru64 and David Dyck's Linux (see 20010306.007).
>
> Does the coredump happen with the patch added to what's in
> maint-5.6/perl/... on those platforms?

Heureka!/D'oh!  No, I didn't solve the bug but I just had revelation
that may help in crushing the critter: with the patch the coredumps
hit only if I'm using -DDEBUGGING -g.  (Yes, both in maintperl and
bleadperl).  No coredump with the default options and the patch.

The reason why I have been using the -DDEBUGGING -g lately all the
time in Tru64 is that I have been trying to track down (genuinely)
bleadperl "membads" with the Third Degree.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen