Re: my purify runs with 5.6.1-to-be

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
March 15, 2001 20:01
Re: my purify runs with 5.6.1-to-be
Message ID:
20010315220101.B4533@chaos.wustl.edu
On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 12:30:37AM +0000, Alan Burlison wrote:
> Gurusamy Sarathy wrote:
>
> > P.S: Note that these tests are all done without changing how the
> > global destruction happens.  Alan is doing more testing with his
> > fully refcount-based destruction, which I expect might turn up cases
> > hidden by the arena cleanup.
>
> Indeed it does - It shows up the heap corruption caused by the
>
> reset;
> if (0) {
>   if ("" =~ //) {
>   }
> }
>
> testcase.  I've attached the purify errors below.  Basically this bug is
> unchanged since the last discussion of it on the list a couple of weeks
> back.

Sarathy's "clear_pmop" patch hasn't been applied yet.  Well, it was,
but since it causes the fertilizer hit the fan in Digital UNIX really
quick, I took it out.  The maddening thing is that the core dumps
galore doesn't happen in platforms where Sarathy has access to :-(

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen