Re: my purify runs with 5.6.1-to-be

From:
Alan Burlison
Date:
March 14, 2001 20:17
Re: my purify runs with 5.6.1-to-be
Message ID:
3AB04273.D94AF0CE@uk.sun.com
Gurusamy Sarathy wrote:

>     suppress umr __big_float_times_power; __decimal_to_binary_integer

Bugid 4354690.  It's on my queue and I have a fix for it.

>     suppress plk ...; _findbuf; _wrtchk; _fwrite_unlocked; fwrite

This is caused by the fact that the pointer returned by _findbuf is
offset into the IO buffer to allow ungetc() to work - it isn't actually
a problem.

> The only purify error that shows up is in lib/sdbm.t (coredump
> accompanied by a purify internal error report in the Duff's device
> in ext/SDBM_File/sdbm/pair.c).  Rational has confirmed that it is
> a purify bug.

Which purify version are you using?

> P.S: Note that these tests are all done without changing how the
> global destruction happens.  Alan is doing more testing with his
> fully refcount-based destruction, which I expect might turn up cases
> hidden by the arena cleanup.

I'm on the case - I've just resynced pureperl with 5.6.1 and I'll be
testing with the arenas disabled tomorrow.

Alan Burlison