purify ghosts

From:
Edward Peschko
Date:
March 14, 2001 14:51
Subject:
purify ghosts
Message ID:
20010314145056.A15503@excitehome.net
hey,

I was wondering if there was a tutorial somewhere on purify ghosts - ie:
criteria for deciding on whether or not a purify report is in fact a memory
leak. (I'm running - as a matter of course at - a large amount of perl code
through purify, and don't want to deluge p5p porters with false memory leaks.)

And I'm getting very weird reports from purify as it is, some of them pointing
to the gcc compiler source code..

Ed