Re: [gsar@ActiveState.com: v5.6.1 trial2 is available]

From:
Gurusamy Sarathy
Date:
March 13, 2001 17:58
Re: [gsar@ActiveState.com: v5.6.1 trial2 is available]
Message ID:
200103140157.f2E1vKa01294@smtp3.ActiveState.com
On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:10:41 CST, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
>sorry for not answering sooner.  The suggested patch seems to work
>find with the development branch of Perl, and I believe Sarathy
>will apply the patch also to the maintenance branch.

There is a change in behavior here that looks somewhat suspect
because the comments didn't mention it.

>On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 09:32:04PM +0100, Jens-Uwe Mager wrote:
>> +#ifdef USE_NATIVE_DLOPEN
[...]
>> +#else
[...]
>> +#ifndef RTLD_LAZY
>> +# define RTLD_LAZY 0
>> +#endif
>> +#ifndef RTLD_GLOBAL
>> +# define RTLD_GLOBAL 0
>> +#endif
[...]
>> -	RETVAL = dlopen(filename, 1) ;
>> +	RETVAL = dlopen(filename, RTLD_GLOBAL|RTLD_LAZY) ;

It seems to me that dlopen() is now being called with a second
argument of 0 instead of 1 if USE_NATIVE_DLOPEN wasn't set and
those two constants aren't defined in the system headers.

Is this an intentional change?  Does it have potential to break
anything on the pre-4.3 AIX versions?

Sarathy
gsar@ActiveState.com