Re: This week on perl5-porters (06--12 Mar 2001)

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
March 12, 2001 16:05
Re: This week on perl5-porters (06--12 Mar 2001)
Message ID:
20010312180501.U3966@chaos.wustl.edu
>    Tony Finch complained that use integer doesn't make rand return
>    integers; [13]Philip Newton provided a patch.

Huh?  I cannot find such a patch -- not that I would apply such a
patch, that's not what use integer is supposed to do, I hope it's a
clarifying doc patch.

(As for ++ and -- obeying use integer: yes, it would be more consistent,
but it would be backward incompatible: I would like to see some more
discussion on this particular suggestion before changing the semantics.)

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen