So, is it a bug that pre- and post- inc- and dec- rements don't honor "use integer;"?

From:
Allen, John L.
Date:
March 12, 2001 10:49
Subject:
So, is it a bug that pre- and post- inc- and dec- rements don't honor "use integer;"?
Message ID:
A103903D0DE0D1119EE800805FD69AC402D08A70@XCGNY005
I hinted at wanting the answer before, but didn't get one.  I would have
to guess that this is a bug, but it's been that way since at least
perl 5.005_03.

I ask because I want to add to the integer.pm pods.
I'd try to fix sv_inc() and sv_dec() myself, but it would probably take
me four _hours_, whereas it's probably really a four _minute_ fix :-)

John.