PERL_DL_NONLAZY

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
March 11, 2001 02:59
Subject:
PERL_DL_NONLAZY
Message ID:
20010311101146.A1368@blackrider.aocn.com
What does the PERL_DL_NONLAZY environment variable mean, why does "make
test" use it and why isn't it documented anywhere?

I see DynaLoader sets dl_nonlazy and some other XS use that to alter
their dlopen mode.  Great.  I also see a couple of tests
(t/lib/textfill.t for one) use it to check if they should print more
verbose diagnostics or something.  That sounds like a misuse.

Could someone knowledgable document this thing in perlxs and
DynaLoader?  Or at least explain to me what its for an I'll document
it?

Perl6 Quality Assurance     <perl-qa@perl.org>	     Kwalitee Is Job One
BOFH excuse #310:

asynchronous inode failure