Re: editing perly.y

From:
Simon Cozens
Date:
March 6, 2001 08:58
Re: editing perly.y
Message ID:
20010306165836.A15318@pembro26.pmb.ox.ac.uk
On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 11:24:25AM -0500, Jeff Pinyan wrote:
> When is this read from?  I assume miniperl is built from it, but I tried
> fixing the
>
>   do &foo;
>
> bug (to make it call the function, not evaluate the expression), and I
> modified perly.y like so:
> +       |       DO amper '(' ')'

That doesn't look right. Not even *I* would consider making "do &()" valid
syntax.

> But I see no change in the parsing.

That's because, on the very, very, very, very rare occasions that one needs to
change perly.y, (last time was to make the parser re-entrant, time before that
was to update the copyright to 2001!) you then need to run "make run_byacc" to
run byacc and fix up the resulting C file with the dynamic-allocation patches.

--
"He was a modest, good-humored boy.  It was Oxford that made him insufferable."