Re: editing perly.y

From:
Ronald J Kimball
Date:
March 6, 2001 08:34
Re: editing perly.y
Message ID:
20010306113436.K709340@linguist.thayer.dartmouth.edu
On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 11:24:25AM -0500, Jeff Pinyan wrote:
> When is this read from?  I assume miniperl is built from it, but I tried
> fixing the
>
>   do &foo;
>
> bug (to make it call the function, not evaluate the expression), and I
> modified perly.y like so:

Since this feature is already deprecated, instead of restoring it to the
language, why not just update the docs to reflect that it has been removed?

BTW, MacPerl, built from 5.004, also exhibits this behavior.  When was the
most recent version where do &foo was actually parsed as do SUB rather than
do EXPR?

Ronald