Re: [ID 20010306.001] perlbug from address

From:
Tony Bowden
Date:
March 6, 2001 07:10
Re: [ID 20010306.001] perlbug from address
Message ID:
20010306151007.A19595@blackstar.co.uk
"Stephen P. Potter" <spp@spotter.yi.org> writes:
> This appears to be a bug in the handling of addresses inside perlbug.  The
> from address seems to get overwritten a couple of times.  Someone with more
> knowledge of perlbug may be able to fix it quickly and easily.  Otherwise,
> it would take me some time to figure out the flow and fix it.

I had a look at perlbug and came to the opinion that it could do with
a quite a clean up.

Before I tear the whole thing apart, is anyone really attached to the
structure?  The main body of code pretty much looks like this:

  Init();
  Query();
  Edit() unless $usefile || ($ok and not $::opt_n);
  NowWhat();
  Send();
  exit;

It's almost neat, but it's not actually that nice, as there are other
things interespersed there, and it means it's quite hard to keep track
of all the variables and their scope.

So, anyone mind if I totally change the structure of perlbug?

Tony
 Tony Bowden | tony@tmtm.com | http://www.tmtm.com/
             we barely have time to react in this world let alone rehearse