Re: CvOUTSIDE

From:
Gurusamy Sarathy
Date:
March 5, 2001 09:19
Re: CvOUTSIDE
Message ID:
200103051718.f25HIWa16189@smtp3.ActiveState.com
On Mon, 05 Mar 2001 17:06:12 GMT, Alan Burlison wrote:
>As a quick hack I had knocked out the SvREFCNT_inc of outsidecv in
>Perl_start_subparse().  You'll be glad to know that about 90% of all the
>Purify errors disappeared from 'make test', [...]

Good!

>Are you happy with the last rev of the patch, or are you intending to
>respin it again?

I think it still needs some tweaking.  The closure cloning in particular
appears to have been relying on the prior leak.  Some closures fail to
see outer lexicals with the patch, in certain cases common enough to be
tickled by MakeMaker.

I intend to look into it later today.

>I'm itching to try a full 'make test' run with that
>and the earlier 'reset' patch you sent out, I'm hopeful that you'll have
>made a *major* dent in the leaks.  My 'trash the stash' code has been
>causing the generation of lots of errors when PL_strtab is cleared,
>mainly I think because of this refcount loop (the problem dissapears
>with my horrid hack).  Because of that I havn't put it back into
>pureperl yet.

I'd suggest applying the second rev I sent to test with purify just
to see if there are any holes/badness that shows up with my patch.
But don't commit it just yet.

Sarathy
gsar@ActiveState.com