develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2001

Re: [MacPerl-Porters] InstallBLIB (and Makefile)problem

From:
Chris Nandor
Date:
February 27, 2001 20:07
Re: [MacPerl-Porters] InstallBLIB (and Makefile)problem
Message ID:
p05010400b6c2234e065f@[10.0.1.177]
At 20:34 -0500 2001.02.27, Chris Nandor wrote:
>Assuming this is 5.6.1, I'd not be surprised at all to see bugs in
>File::Find.  Maybe I will look into that module tonight.

Ugh.  I looked at File::Find weeks ago, and it was so traumatic an
experience that I put it out of my mind.  It's been totally rewritten, and
in a very unportable manner.  Lots of substr()'s and rindex()'s instead of
regexes, presumably for speed, but it makes it impossible to port, as-is.

Does anyone have any guidance here?  I am tempted at the moment to just use
the File::Find from 5.005, which is far more portable.  Can someone who
knows -- perhaps the person(s) who rewrote File::Find -- help out here, a
bit?  In order to make this portable, it's going to have to be
substantially rewritten (again).

--
Chris Nandor                      pudge@pobox.com    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    pudge@osdn.com     http://osdn.com/