develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2001

Re: wceconsole

From:
H . Merijn Brand
Date:
February 23, 2001 08:15
Re: wceconsole
Message ID:
20010223171305.7426.H.M.BRAND@hccnet.nl
On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:06:22 +0100, H.Merijn Brand <h.m.brand@hccnet.nl> wrote:
> You keep amazing me :-)
>
> Great. Works on my palm.
>
> Some remarks:
>
> 	+ Unlike PalmOS, Compaq 2130 WinCE Palm has a input pad where one can
> 	  choose to use either hand writing (only choice on PalmOS) and a small
> 	  keyboard (which I prefer). The default size for wceconsole is to take
> 	  *all* of the available screen. Not bad, I even like that, but when
> 	  the pop-down-able input pad (both writing and keyboard) pops up, it
> 	  covers the bottom part of wceconsole. Still no problem, cause when
> 	  you pop down the keyboard again, it shows what the output was, at
> 	  least that's what I expected. It might be M$'s problem in syncing the
> 	  screen, but when the wceconsole scrolls up it's output when the
> 	  keyboard is up (overlaps the console), the line just above the
> 	  keyboard is repeated instead of the text that should have been put
> 	  there. The text that was placed *under* the keyboard is still correct
> 	  when the keyboard pops down.

Extra info: switching to desktop and back restores the correct information.

Whish: support for $HOME, so
   > setenv HOME \Bin
   > cd
   > pwd
   \Bin

would work. (I want Home to be "\My Documents\Prog")

--
H.Merijn Brand           Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://www.amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.005.03, 5.6.0, 5.6.1, 5.7.1 & 623 on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, AIX 4.2