develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2001

Re: The State of The Unicode

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
February 19, 2001 16:08
Re: The State of The Unicode
Message ID:
20010219180754.A20429@chaos.wustl.edu
> > If it is decided to hide everything (note my above reservation over
> > *everything*) about the UTF-8-ness of the characters, fine.  But
> > because of (3), I am personally reluctant to start unless someone
> > presents me a list of things to hide.  It need not be an essay or
> > a 500-page tech report, just a comprehensive list of things to do.
>
> Working on it.

Note that unlike these modern transparency people :-) I will need also
an internal story. what *bytes* do get produced for \xHH, \x{HH}, etc,
to be able to implement stuff.  It's that shady 0x80..0xff range again.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen