develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2001

Re: The State of The Unicode

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
February 19, 2001 15:43
Re: The State of The Unicode
Message ID:
20010219174259.F15351@chaos.wustl.edu
On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 06:36:38PM -0500, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 05:19:30PM -0600, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 06:07:14PM -0500, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> > > Camel III has zero complete examples of Unicode support (unless
> > > there are examples outside of the Unicode section, which I have not
> > > read).  The Unicode chapter is a scant nine pages.  There is nothing
> > > there to violate.
> >
> > There are rules like "old non-Unicode-aware programs doing byte
> > things shall not break".
>
> Granted, but that's "ground", not "figure".

"ground", not "figure"?  I'm lost.

Okay, as you crushed all my UTF-8-requiring examples, so I'm a silly
old fart holding back to the lost bytes world.  Move on, move on.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen