Re: [ID 20010131.067] dos CNTL D problem

From:
Ronald J Kimball
Date:
January 31, 2001 20:46
Re: [ID 20010131.067] dos CNTL D problem
Message ID:
20010131234611.D147100@linguist.thayer.dartmouth.edu
On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 11:07:49PM -0500, canadiangerry@hotmail.com wrote:
> I'm learning Perl as a first language, so please bare with me.
> I have a problem when executing in DOS.  I want to create an array with it's
> elements coming from @array=<STDIN>.  When I run the script in DOS and I
> want to end the input by pressing CNTL D, nothing happens.  The only way I
> can end the script is by pressing CNTL C, and of course that just quits it
> without finishing.  Any ideas?  Any help would be much appreciated.

The end of input character in DOS is control-Z rather than control-D.
You'll probably need to follow it by pressing return.

Please be aware that perlbug is intended for reporting bugs in Perl.  I
recommend the newsgroups or www.perlmonks.org for help with using Perl.

Ronald