[ID 20010129.008] Configure: FATAL ERROR: PERL5

From:
eromero
Date:
January 29, 2001 19:44
Subject:
[ID 20010129.008] Configure: FATAL ERROR: PERL5
Message ID:
E4C090ADBDE4D211B97200A0C9E99D5502A05C48@cnbvexc01.cnbv

Hi, I am Erik Romero Huerta from Mexico, city, i work for a financial
enterprise called CNBV, and i have a trouble with the Perls's installation.

My plataform is

HP-9000 D-380, HP-UX 11.00 with 1.5 Gb RAM and 2 processors.

I've tried to install a Perl realese perl-5.005.02 in this machine , but
failed, the error is below

Configure:  FATAL ERROR:

This version of perl5 can only be compiled by a compiler that

understands function prototypes.  Unfortunately, your C compiler

        cc -D_HPUX_SOURCE

doesn't seem to understand them.  Sorry about that.

If GNU cc is avaiable for your system, perhaps you could try that instead.

Eventually, we hope to support building Perl with pre-ANSI compilers.

If you would like to help in that effort, please contact <perlbug@perl.org>.

What can i do for resolve this problem?

thanks for your help.

kind regards!!!