PerlIO docs.

From:
nick
Date:
January 28, 2001 11:35
Subject:
PerlIO docs.
Message ID:
E14MxZK-0004Gs-00@roam1

When //depot/perlio/...@8582 gets merged we will have updated docs
for PerlIO.

perlapio.pod remains the "how you use it" reference and now attempts
to point out the pit falls that may occur with various stdio implementations.

perliol.pod documents PerlIO layers from the C point of view.

I am sure there is more you all want to know. I haven't spell checked
it - but please note that spelling is meant to be british.

It is not yet clear to me where the detailed semantics of the
built in layers should be described. To some extent this is C user's
interest / need-to-know so lives in perlapio.pod - but will only
apply if they have USE_PERLIO. An alternative is to put it in
perliol.pod near the description of the internals.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons