[ID 20010122.025] setting UNIX ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLE whit "system"

From:
Alessandro.PESCI
Date:
January 22, 2001 16:36
Subject:
[ID 20010122.025] setting UNIX ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLE whit "system"
Message ID:
H0020fb809549188@MHS
Hi,

I am Alessandro Pesci from ST of Italy.

I have problems by setting environmental variables whit the command
system.

for example if I want set the variable NETLIST with POST_LAYOUT in unix I
type: "setenv NETLIST POST_LAYOUT".
Why with the perl command system("setenv NETLIST POST_LAYOUT") it doesn't
work?
There is a way to set an environmental variable in perl?

thanks
regards
Alessandro Pesci.