Re: SvTRUE(ERRSV) or SvTRUE(GvSV(PL_errgv) dumps core with Perl5.6 with MULTIPLICITY option

From:
nick
Date:
January 22, 2001 11:13
Re: SvTRUE(ERRSV) or SvTRUE(GvSV(PL_errgv) dumps core with Perl5.6 with MULTIPLICITY option
Message ID:
E14KmMa-0006tQ-00@roam1
Sunanda Venumuddula <svenumud@us.harmonycom.com> writes:
>Hi,
>
>I have installed Perl5.6 with MULTIPLICITY option on my solaris machine.

I did once upon a time as well.

>The
>call SvTRUE(ERRSV)

That is the correct one.

>or SvTRUE(GvSV(PL_errgv) dumps core.

As far as I am aware that is okay too unless you have threads,
but the former is prefered.

>Earlier I used these
>calls to retrieve errors after perl_call_pv with Perl5.6 without
>MULTIPLICITY option successfully.

It worked for me (Tk does that a lot).

>It almost looks like, there might be another way for looking at errors
>returned from perl_call with the MULTIPLICITY option. Did anyone has the
>same experience? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Most likely is a mis-match between the perl you built and the code calling
SvTRUE(ERRSV) - MULTIPLICITY is _NOT_ binary compatible.
You need to re-build all the extension/application .o files and re-link.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons