Re: [ID 20010103.001] File::Find not descending into Joliet-filesystem

From:
Russ Allbery
Date:
January 10, 2001 15:50
Re: [ID 20010103.001] File::Find not descending into Joliet-filesystem
Message ID:
yl1yubnf12.fsf@windlord.stanford.edu
> From: Torsten Scheck [mailto:torsten.scheck@sot.de]

> It works! Thank you.

> Why do I have to set it anyway? Shouldn't this be the default behaviour
> of find? Would I get into trouble, if I was always using it?

> I've searched perldoc and the web but there wasn't a more detailed
> description of $File::Find::dont_use_nlink.

It's slightly slower, but it will always work.  It's necessary to set this
variable when using any file system that doesn't use Unix semantics for
nlink on directories (AFS has the same problem).