[ID 20010109.017] Compilation Error

From:
bmcqueary
Date:
January 9, 2001 09:20
Subject:
[ID 20010109.017] Compilation Error
Message ID:
3A5B582B.AF303B02@psislidell.com
I am attempting to install Perl (for the first time) on my Windows NT
workstation.  I downloaded perl.5.6.0, dmake, and the gcc-2.95.2
compiler.  After a few minor issues (not having everything in the PATH
correct), dmake started working.  Some things got built, but when it got
to the Socket section, it stopped and gave me this Error

   Socket.c: In function 'boot_Socket':
   Socket.c:1224 incompatible type for argument 1 of 'strcmp'
   dmake.exe: Error code 1, while making 'Socket.o'
   dmake.exe: Error code 255, while makeing
'..\lib\auto\Socket\Socket.dll'

Is there some patch that I need to download?

I've attached the 'config.sh' file that was produced.

Thanks,
Benita McQueary

Planning Systems Inc.
San Diego, CA